The Sosa Clinic has all the details on board-certified bariatric surgeons and high quality weight loss surgery options.
Need Help Finding the Right Surgeon Specialized in Bariatric Surgery?
Well, you’ve come to the right place! When it comes time to explore your surgical weight loss options, you always want to be careful and thorough in your search. Minimally-invasive weight loss procedures have proven beautiful results, but you can’t trust just any general surgeon you find on the internet.
There’s a lot of digging, consultations, and multiple opinions that are vital to your decision. The Sosa Clinic is here to help you find the right weight loss path for you when the latest fad weight loss program proves to be yet another failed attempt at getting you to starve yourself. Healthy weight loss isn’t about starving yourself, and you’ll see that with your results after having one of our weight loss surgeries!
Below, we’ve laid out some potential red flags you might find during your search for a surgeon. We’ve included some of the positive things to look for as well, and don’t skip the last section where we give you a special rundown of the bariatric surgeons from The Sosa Clinic!
Potential Red Flags During a Search
Red flags are everywhere. Sometimes they are obvious, but not all of the time. So, it’s important that we cover all the obvious and not-so-obvious red flags so you are ready to search for the best surgeon for you!
Here are some of the red flags to always steer clear of when looking for a bariatric surgeon:
- The surgeon is inexperienced.
- They don’t want to show you their certifications or talk about their accreditation.
- They don’t ask you any questions regarding your health or medical history.
- They don’t offer financing options or insurance possibilities.
- You feel pressured by the surgeon to get the surgery.
- The surgeon talks down to you during the consult.
- The surgeon isn’t concerned with your mental status regarding the surgery.
- The surgeon doesn’t go into detail about your post-op recovery.
- Their reviews don’t seem real.
Here’s What Trustworthy Looks Like
If you are looking for a trustworthy, board-certified bariatric surgeon in Florida, you need to keep the red flags in mind during your research as well as these positive attributes:
- They have many five-star reviews.
- They come recommended by other doctors.
- They are board-certified or have multiple certifications.
- They want to consult with you more than once before going into surgery.
- They are interested more in your health than your wallet.
- They take a detailed medical history to rule out possible type 2 diabetes, high blood pressure, and other illnesses.
At The Sosa Clinic, our two board-certified bariatric surgeons have all of these positive attributes and then some. Here are some md facts about our amazing surgeons!
Our Bariatric Surgeons:
Jorge L. Sosa, M.D.
- Dr. Sosa is an American Board of Surgery-certified (ABS) and experienced bariatric surgeon.
- Specializes in bariatric surgery and surgical clinical care.
- He has been in practice for over 20 years and has helped over 8,000 patients.
Dr. Sosa got his medical degree from the University of South Florida School of Medicine. During his residency at Jackson Memorial Hospital, he became a pioneer in laparoscopic surgery. He’s been an expert since the beginning and now devotes his private practice to weight loss and reflux surgeries.
Paul Perales, M.D.
- He trained and studied at the Cleveland Clinic Florida.
- Highly experienced and certified, general, bariatric, and metabolic surgeon.
- His certifications include the American College of Surgeons, the American Heart Association, and the American Board of Surgery.
- He is the Chief Operating Officer at the Miami Cancer Research Center.
Dr. Perales specializes in the treatment of obesity, foregut benign and malignant pathology. He performs minimally invasive, laparoscopic, and robotic-assisted surgery. He got his degree and residency training at Universidad Nacional Mayor de San Marcos in Lima – Peru. And completed a general surgery residency at Kendall Regional Medical Center/ Aventura Hospital.
If you are looking for bariatric surgeons that specialize in sleeve gastrectomy and laparoscopic gastric bypass, don’t look any further. You can trust our professional and specialized surgeons to treat you the way you wish to be treated and make your weight loss dreams come true! Because at The Sosa Clinic, we are the center of excellence. Don’t hesitate to call us today to schedule a consultation!